Cataract is a common eye issue diagnosed in many elderly individuals. There is nothing to worry about the disease as it can be treated by cataract surgery. If you have good health and no other major eye problem, the surgery will be short and successful. It is said that your chances of having a sharp and good vision increase after cataract surgery.
The cataract surgery Melbourne takes no longer than 10 minutes, but you have to rest for few minutes till the time the effect of sedation wears off. This can take 30 to 60 minutes. You should have someone who can drive you back home after the surgery, and you must wear sunglasses after the surgery for protection of your eyes. You will be advised to place the shield on your eyes during night or naps for protection till the time you recover from the surgery.
It may take some time for your vision to be normal. While some people see sharp images hours after the surgery, others may take a week or two for complete recovery. You may also feel scratchiness or dry eye after the eye surgery Melbourne, but it will subside when your eye heals. It takes about a month for completely recovering from the surgery.
- Here’s a look at the essential tips for safe and speedy recovery from cataract surgery:-Avoid driving your car on the first day of the surgery.
- If possible, try to avoid vomiting or sneezing after the surgery.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects or engaging in a strenuous activity for a few weeks at least.
- You should avoid bending for a few days after the surgery as you may put pressure on your eyes.
- Protect your eyes from being exposed to the irritants like dust, grime, and wind at least for the first few weeks after the surgery.
- You need to be careful while walking after the surgery as you should not bump into the door or other objects in the house.
- During the first few weeks of the surgery, avoid bathing in bathtub or swimming in the pool to avoid any kind of eye infection.
- You should not rub your eye which is advised for people with normal eyes as well.
After the few hours of surgery, you will be allowed to work on the computer, shower, as well as watch TV for a short while. It is said that for the best recovery from cataract surgery, you should follow the instructions given by your doctor. He will guide you on how to protect your eyes after the surgery.
Read about Best Methods and effective treatment of gout
If both your eyes need cataract surgery, your doctor will at least keep a gap of two weeks between both the surgeries so that first eye can heal before another eye is operated.
Cataract is one of the safest and most commonly performed surgeries across the globe which has a huge success ratio. People receive healthy vision without any complications.
Thus, following the above-mentioned tips will help in recovering from the eye surgery Melbourne.