Belly fat is much more than a nuisance that makes your clothes feel tight. It’s harmful. This type of fat is associated with many health issues and diseases. It’s a major factor of cardiovascular disease, type-2 diabetes, cancer, and other health conditions. Those visceral fat cells actually produce harmful hormones and also other harmful substances that affect health. You can get many tricks on how to lose belly fat in a week or at home. But those are can be very dangerous and ineffective too. There is no magic bullet that can target only your belly fat. Here is explain how can you lose belly fat in a week at home with the help of exercises, diet, lifestyle and many other things.
When you are want to lose belly fat in a week. You have to know that is a very short time to do it successfully. So, you need to follow every possible way that helps to lose belly fat in a week without harming your body.
Belly fat burning exercises
There are no such exercises that help to lose belly fat only. You have to understand that losing your belly fat will cause your whole body fat reduction. But some exercise can cause more loss of belly fat than the other parts of the body. Here in some belly fat burning exercises.
- Exercise in short bursts. Research shows that interval training or rotating small bursts of energy with small resting periods can improve muscle and develop endurance faster than the traditional exercise.
How to do: Run at top speed for 20-25 seconds, then slow to a walk till you catch your breath. Repeat this for 10 minutes. You will need a set of a treadmill, stationary bike or elliptical for this interval training. As an option, you can take a quick 5 minutes’ walk or stair climbing into your day as often as possible.
- Take an aim for minimum 10,000 steps a day. A study shows that where men minimized their steps from 10,000 to 1500 without changing diet, their belly fat increased 7% in just 2 weeks.
- Try to avoid car or motorbike for a reasonable distance. Get a pedometer and walk to work, school, or the store, if possible. Those can make your daily steps goal fulfill.
- Try to increase the number of steps daily. If you can’t start from 10,000 steps per day, then start from which is possible to you. But, you need to reach the daily goal very quickly.
- Avoid elevators and take stairs; walk instead of driving.
- If you are just sitting for a long time, then stand up and take walk 30 steps every 30 minutes. It keeps you active and less stressed.
- Skip some exercise, for now, like as the crunches. Belly sit-ups and crunches might build strong muscles, but you will not see them under abdominal fat. In fact, crunches may make the belly look bigger as it builds up thicker abs. Instead of this, if you strengthen back muscles your shape will improve and you will feel pull in your belly.
Alternatively, you can do:
Planks: Get in the push-up position, rest on forearms and elbows. Keep stomach muscles tight and back, neck and bottom in a straight line. Take rest and repeat this 3-5 times.
Squat Jack: Keep your feet about 20 cm (8 inches) apart. Extend your arms in front of you and do four sets of 15-20 Squat Jacks.
Side stretches: Stand straight, with your feet hip-width apart. Put your right hand on the right hip, and with the facing palm on the right, straighten your left hand. Keep your legs centered, lean on the right and reach your left arm, stretch your left side. Repeat 3-5 times.
Click here to read more home workout plan.
- Be crazy about cardio. Do aerobic exercises that burn calories rapidly and encourage fat loss all over the body, especially your belly area. You can’t burn only belly’s fat, but it’s generally the first to burn off when you exercise. Studies suggest that cardio can effectively slim your waistline. One study suggests that postmenopausal women can lose more body fat when they did an aerobic workout for 300 minutes per week, compared to those who work out only 150 minutes per week.
- Track your cardio time of miles. You will notice improvement of stamina as the cardio time for a mile decrease.
- Don’t do it excess! Three times a cardio exercise in a week, or alternate cardio with a light workout for thirty minutes daily. Your body needs enough time to recover and build up muscle. Pushing yourself hard can lead to injury.
- Perform resistance training. In 2006, the international journal of sports nutrition and exercise metabolism published a study which suggests that combination of aerobic cardio workout and resistance training is more effective than cardio training alone in getting rid of belly fat.
Some study suggests that the resistance training may also beneficial for losing belly fat with prediabetes, type 2 diabetes, and fatty liver disease. And one other study found that overweight teenagers led to a decrease in belly fat by the combination of strength training and aerobic cardio exercise. So, you can do resistance workout with free weight and it can also be beneficial to train to form unstable positions due to increased muscle activity.
Diet for lose belly fat in a week
- Reduce daily calorie consumption. Without restricting calorie consumption, you can’t lose belly fat in a week. Keep track of daily consumption by using a mobile app to calculate the calories of what you eat.
- Remember that to lose one pound of fat you have to deficit 3500 calories. That’s mean, you have to burn off 3500 calories through exercise or eat fewer 3500 calories in a week for every pound fat loss. So, you can break this into daily limits. To burn 3500 calories a week, you have to aim 500 calorie deficit every day. For your advantage, you can burn 250 calories and cut 250 calories from diet.
- Don’t aim to lose more than two pounds per week. Losing more weight than that can be very unhealthy and harmful for your body.
- Try a diet plan, which can provide 2200 calories for men or 2000 calories for women per day. This should cause you to lose one of two pounds every week depending on your activity level.
- Stop eating unhealthy snacks. Snacks like the French fry, chips, cookies, pizza, pakora, candy, toffee, pori and etc. contain lots of oil and sugar, which restrict belly fat loss. Instead of unhealthy snacks, you can eat some raw fruits which give you important fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- Don’t take less than 1300 calories per day. It will cause you energy deficiency.
- Don’t stop taking good fats. Studies suggest that a diet with a higher ratio of good fats like nuts, avocados, seeds, chocolate, and soybeans can prevent the cumulus of belly fats. Tran’s fats in crackers, margarine, cookies or anything made with hydrogenated oil seem to cause of more belly fats. Tran’s fat such as soybean oil’s fat can cause you abdominal fat gain, heart disease, insulin resistance, and inflammation. So, try to avoid those as much as possible. How to lose belly fat in a week at home.
- Eat fatty fish as much as possible. They provide a good amount of protein and omega-3 fats that protect you from any disease. That Omega-3 also helps you to lose belly fat and fight with bad cholesterols. Take more than 2-3 servings of fatty fish every week. Salmon, herring, mackerel, sardines, and anchovies will be good choices.
- Adults and children with the fatty liver disease can get significant help by taking fish oil supplements.
- Eat more fiber. Soluble fiber that found in oats, apples, carrots, strawberry, cherries, and other fruits and veggies, lower insulin levels which can help speed up the burning of belly fat. Men and women should aim to consume respectively 25 g and 30 g fiber per day. This type of fiber absorbs water and forms gel that helps your digestive system. Studies show that soluble fiber helps to lose weight by feeling you full so that you naturally eat less. It also minimized the number of calories absorption. In a study in over 1,100 people found that with increasing per 10-gram soluble fiber consumption belly fat gain reduce by 3.7% over a 5 years period.
- Gradually add your food fiber. If you are eating 10 g of fiber per day than don’t start eating 35 g of fiber from the very next day. The bacteria in your digestive system need time to adapt.
- Don’t peel off the eatable skin of your fruits and vegetables. Eat the skin, there are hidden the most of the fiber.
- Eat more split pea soup. Split Pea is a fiber “Energy Food”. Only one cup of split pea contains 16 grams of fiber.
- Don’t skip breakfast. It might seem counterproductive when you are trying to lose fat. But studies show that eating breakfast within one hour of awake keeps your insulin levels stable and LDL cholesterol level low.
- How to choose a perfect breakfast:
Protein: Egg, nuts, beans, lean meat, peanut butter.
Fiber: Fresh fruits, Oats, leafy green veggies.
Avoid: Refined sugar, pancakes, sugar-sweetened beverages and fruit juice, pastries, instant oatmeal. You can try Breakfast Smoothie Recipes. Those are can be very helpful for weight loss.
- Drink lots of water. Studies have shown that drinking water throughout the day can be a more active metabolism. Water helps to flush out waste or toxins from your body and improves overall health.
- Lemon water can be very helpful to lose weight. Remember only unsweetened lemon water.
- Drink approximately 2.5 liters or 10 eight glasses of water per day. You can add sliced fruit to your water for flavor. Here are some Flavor-Packed Fruit Infused Water Recipes.
- Keep a water bottle with you. So, you can drink whenever feel dry.
- If your urine runs light yellow or clear that you are drinking enough water. If not then drink more.
- Don’t forget to eat a high protein diet. Protein is a very important nutrient for weight control. High protein consumption boosts the release of the fullness hormone PYY, which minimized appetite and promotes fullness. Protein also retains muscle mass during weight loss and raises your metabolic rate. Many observational studies show that people who consume more proteins have less belly fat than who consume the less protein eating protein. At every meal add a good protein source such as fish, egg, meat, dairy, beans or whey protein.
- Don’t drink Alcohol. Alcohol may have health advantages in little amounts however it has seriously harmful. Research suggests that alcohol may also cause you to gain belly fat. Experimental studies link significant alcohol consumption to a considerably multiplied risk of central fatness that’s, excess fat storage around the waistline. Cutting back on alcohol might facilitate reduce your waist size. Also, Alcohol causes many other diseases such as heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease, cancer, malnutrition, anemia, hepatitis and so on.
- Don’t eat sugary foods and drinks especially refined sugar. When you want to lose belly fat in a week, you can eat any kind of food that promotes weight gain. Sugar contains fructose which can cause several diseases and weight gain. A study found a relationship between high sugar intake and increased belly fat. You can only take maximum 1 teaspoon of unrefined sweeteners per day. You can use pure natural fruit sweets, but not lots of.
- Stop drinking commercially availed fruit juice. Although, those Fruit juice contain important vitamins and minerals, but also contain lots of sugar. Drinking those fruit juice because you belly fat gain. You can make fruit juice at home, but don’t drink more than one glass per day. To reduce excess belly fat instead of fruit juice plain water or unsweetened water lemon. Sometimes fruit juice can be as bad as sugary soda. Avoiding all sources of sugar increase chance of losing fat. How to lose belly fat in a week at home.
- Add apple cider vinegar to your water at just before going to bed and after a weak up in the morning. It helps you to lose weight and minimize belly fat. Drinking apple cider vinegar helps to maintain stable blood sugar levels. In a study in obese men, who took 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar per day loss half and one inch fat from their waists in 12 weeks. But make sure that vinegar diluted with water, as undiluted vinegar harmful for your teeth’s enamel. How to lose belly fat in a week at home.
- Taka e probiotic supplement. Probiotics are good bacteria, which improve guts health and enhance immunity systems function. Researchers show that having the right balance of bacteria help to weight loss including loss of belly fat. Lactobacillus family bacteria such as Lactobacillus amylovorus, Lactobacillus fermentum and especially Lactobacillus gasseri. Probiotic supplements contain different type of bacteria. So, make sure you buy the right probiotic supplement.
- Drink unsweetened green tea 2 times in a day, once after breakfast and after sunset. It consists of caffeine and lots of antioxidants, both is boost metabolism. It’s antioxidant also effective for losing belly fat. This effect can be boosted up the combination with exercise and green tea.
- Try to add Coconut oil instead of cooking fats. It’s fat heather that you can eat. Studies suggest that the medium-chain fats in coconut oil help to boost up metabolism and decrease the amount of fat you store. A Study also shows that it may help to lose abdominal fat.
- The best to take 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil per day to boost fat loss.
- Daily consumption of coconut oil for 12 weeks can lead to losing an average of 1.1 inches waists size without changing diet and exercise.
- You should try intermittent fasting. It’s currently the world’s most popular weight loss and fitness trends. It helps to lose weight and improve health. Many studies show that Intermittent Fasting can have very powerful effects on body, brain, and mind. It also helps to live a healthy long life.
How to do it: This kind of fasting often done by Muslims, Christian and other Goddess people. You can take help of your Muslim friends for proper knowledge. Also, you can read this article to know about Intermittent Fasting for many methods and its health benefits. [Reference]
- A 16/8 method is very popular. In this method, you can eat only at night and in daytime need to skip every meal. But don’t forget to do exercise at daytime and at night consume enough water and food related to diet.
- It increases growth hormone, improves Insulin level, cells initiate repair processes.
- Because of changes in hormones, metabolic rate increase by 3.6-14%.
- A study suggests that this diet pattern can cause 3-8% weight loss over 3 to 24 weeks. This study also shows that people loss 4-7% of their waist girth, including harmful belly fat.
- Another study shows that it also can prevent cancer.
- Stop eating carbs, especially refined carbs. Stopping or Minimization carb intake helps you to lose belly fat in a week or a short amount of time. A famous Heart study found that 17% less have excess abdominal fat people who eat high whole grains rather than who eat high in refined grain. So, a diet with fewer than 50 g of unrefined carbs per day causes less belly fat.
Lifestyle for lose belly fat
Lifestyle plays an important role to lose belly fat in a week or just to keep in shape. Sometimes just lifestyle and simple diet changes can helpful for abdominal fat loss.
- High stress produces cortisol known as stress hormone which causes gain belly fat. Especially, in women who have a large waist tendency to produce more cortisol cause of stress. Yoga, meditation or especially prayer is very effective to reduce stress. So, be a religious person or be cum and cool.
- Sleep is an important factor in losing belly fat. A study suggests that people who don’t sleep enough tendency to gain weight, including belly fat. Sleep a minimum of seven hours per night for men and one more hour for women. Keep your workspace and bedroom separate. If you have any kind of sleep disorder than visit to a doctor and get treated first.
- Take rest at noon. Although your lunch break in a very short, find time to simply close your eyes, relax and forget worries. Keep stress away as much as possible when you going to sleep. Leave your worries behind to resolve as you step into the bedroom. This can cause you less stress and a good way to produce less stress hormone, which causes you less belly fat.
- Just one item of this article can’t affect to lose belly fat in a week. If you want a good result then you need to obey all suggestion in a proper manner. You also contact an expert who can help you out in this situation. Lifestyle changes and trying different method is a key to lose belly fat in a week. A good lifestyle can help you for the long term. When you eat real food and maintain healthy habits, fat loss will follow as a natural effect. Lose weight and keep healthy habits, unless it’s impossible to stop weight gain.
Bottom line is: Combination of a healthy diet, a good lifestyle and some exercise lead you to lose belly fat in a week at home. Otherwise, you can’t make it at all.