Pains on the Belt, waist, thigh, back of the body are felt during the menstrual period is called Premenstrual syndrome or PMS. Sometimes, this pain is intense. Some such symptoms cannot be normal in any way. Therefore, it is important to take appropriate treatment to get rid of pain during the menstrual period.
What is the period pain?
During the menstrual period the legs, spinal cord and especially abdomen pain is called period pain. This pain is not very severe, but it can be very painful for some women. Due to the pain, daily activities may be disrupted.
Endometriosis or uterine fibroids cause pain during menstrual periods. However, this pain comes down with age or after the birth of first child. The pain that occurs during the menstrual period is known as Menorrhagia, Menstrual Cramps, and Dysmenorrhea.
What is the reason of pain during a period?
The pain ranges from dull and annoying to severe and extreme. Menstrual cramps begin after ovulation when an egg is released from the ovaries and travels down the fallopian tube. Period pain can occur for the following reasons-
- For Idiopathic Painful menstruation reason of menstrual pain.
- Idiopathic excessive menstruation or period time increase for an unknown reason.
- Ovarian cyst.
- Irregular monthly cycle
- Urine fibroid
- Cyst in vagina
Which things can increase the tendency of pain during a period?
Those things can increase tendency of period pain-
- Women below the age of 30 years.
- Those who started period before 11 years of age or earlier.
- If the blood pressure is high during the menstrual period.
- If the menstrual is irregular.
- If anyone else in the family has this problem.
- If you have never given birth before.
- Due to smoking.
Read about How to Reduce Vomiting During Pregnancy
Does every girl have this problem?
No, everyone does not have pain during menstruation. But most of the girls feel pain and tension in the back and abdomen during the menstrual period. In this case, consult a specialist or consultant. Using a heating pad or bathing in light hot water can get some relief. Light exercise also can be done.
What point of pain should you go to the doctor?
Period pain usually starts 1 to 2 days before menstruation and lasts from 2 to 4 days. The pain only related to the menstrual cycle is known as the primary dysmenorrhea. If the following symptoms appear, consult a doctor-
- If the pain lasted for three months.
- Diarrhea/vomiting with abdominal seizures/tears.
- In addition to menstrual period, there is abdominal pain.
- If there is a pain after implantation the IUD.
What to do to get rid of this pain?
It is possible to control period pain by different home remedies. Such as:
- The back and the pelvic part should be bruised with the heating pad or hot water bag.
- Do masses in the abdomen.
- Bathe in hot water.
- Use warm water instead of normal water every time you go to the toilet. This can reduce the abdominal pain.
- Drink juices or fruit juices.
- Regular exercise should be done.
- Eat nutritious food.
- Different Relaxation techniques such as yoga have to be done.
- Maintain cleanliness.